Glenn tagged me with this meme last year. I didn’t respond right away and the more time passed the harder it got to respond. Now Schuyler has tagged me. It looks like the rules have changed a bit in the months since Glenn first sent it my way.
Here are the details: Each person who gets tagged needs to write a blog post of their own 6 weird things as well as clearly state this rule. After you state your 6 weird things, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says “you’re tagged” in their comments and tell them to read your blog for information as to what it means. So here goes.
1. I take great comfort in the idea that the universe is bigger than I can imagine, that the Earth is a tiny little speck in the midst of it and that a thousand years after I’m dead no one will remember or care that I was ever here.
2. I see things. Dinosaurs walking down the street. Squid climbing trees. The skeleton beneath your skin and the writhing demon in your skull. These aren’t hallucinations. I don’t mistake them for reality.
3. I used to do dangerous things when no one was looking. Explore abandoned buildings. Walk off into the woods at night. Walk through bad neighborhoods. I’ve never needed peer pressure to be stupid. I’m really more likely to be stupid by myself. I do it less now mostly because I just don’t have as much time as I used to.
4. I have a guardian angel. It’s got multiple wings and claws and teeth and just because it love me that doesn’t mean it’s going to make my life easy. Yes, I’m an agnostic. No, I don’t see any contradiction.
5. When I was a kid I noticed that old people had a lot of wrinkles. Old people who frowned a lot and didn’t seem to be enjoying themselves had less attractive wrinkles than those who smiled and had a good time with life. So I’ve spent a lot of time smiling and being cheerful for vanity’s sake. I want good looking wrinkles.
6. It usually takes me forever to decide someone is a friend. Well, not forever, years. I used have a hard time talking to strangers or new acquaintances because I figured they wouldn’t be around long enough to be friends so it didn’t make sense to spend the time with them. Not that I didn’t enjoy myself when some stranger talked to me. It always amazed me that my dad would strike up a conversation with people standing next to him in line.
I’ve tagged Leif, Jenn, Kip, Mad Dog, Nick (though I couldn’t seem to add a comment to any of his entries so he’ll have to find out about it here) and, because maybe having two people pointing at her will make her jump – Ninnah.